To ensure safe usage of your iGrill Pro Meat Probe, used with your iGrill Classic, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not expose the probe or its wiring to contact with direct flame
- Do not expose the probe or its wiring to temperatures exceeding 572°F (380° C)
- Do not expose the probe or its wiring to direct contact with the metal grill grates, cooking pans, or any other object within your cooking device that radiates high heat
- Do not crimp the wiring of the probe by exposing it to excessively heavy or tight doors or lids
- Do not immerse the probe or its wiring in water. The probes are NOT dishwasher safe
- Do not use the probe for monitoring hot fry oil or any other liquids or steam applications
- Do not use the probe as an air temperature thermometer
You can clean the iGrill Pro Meat Probe by using a damp towel. Avoid getting any liquid into the opening where the probe meets the wire.
The temperature probes are electronically calibrated to work with the iGrill Classic. Unusually high or sporadic temperature readings can be an indication of damage to the probe.
To wrap your probe(s):
- Hold the probe wrap so that the clip segment is on the bottom left and the logo is legible in the center of the probe wrap
- Snap the probe into the probe wrap’s clip, ensuring that the probe's body follows the contour of the probe wrap and leaves a .5 inch (1,25 cm) gap between the probe and the wire channel of the probe wrap; the tip of the probe should be pointed downward
- Wrap your probe’s wire clockwise around the probe wrap
- When you reach the adapter end of the probe wire, it can be inserted into the probe wrap’s wire channel to secure the wrapping
CAUTION: If removing, or moving, the colored sleeve from the probe, do so by slowly and carefully moving the sleeve back towards the cord. Avoid fingers, or any body parts, from coming in contact with the sharp probe tip.